Mark and I had a pretty successful weekend. We certainly got a lot done. On Saturday we woke up early (hey...9:00 a.m. is early when you wake up at 6:00 a.m. all week long) and went to Men's Wearhouse to choose the tuxes for the wedding. Mark and I make kind of an aggressive team when we are out buying things. We were hesitant to agree to anything or to get roped into paying any fees. I felt bad for the little pregnant lady. Well in the end we were quoted a great price, so we did end up putting money down. So I guess I don't feel bad for the little pregnant lady anymore. I'm sure she made commission. Anyway, Mark will be in a classic tux with a black bow tie and black vest. The groomsmen and our dads will be wearing black tuxes with hot pink vests and ties. I can't wait until I get my photos back from the wedding!
Then we spent the rest of the afternoon apartment hunting. How come no one ever mentioned that married housing in Provo is a beast to conquer? There is such a lack of housing for married people and the majority of it it seedy and gross. We don't require "luxery" but we do have standards that need to be upheld. Apparently we can't even sign for a housing contract until July! A whole month before we need to move in! This is insanity, but there really isn't anything we can do about it. Wish us luck!
(Don't worry, if we don't find a place we will just move in to Adrien and Eric's basement. That wouldn't be weird, right?)
^^ Kidding.
Our day went on, we finished grocery shopping and we developed some photos from our recent trip to Chicago. And then we scrapbooked!! I don't know if I have mentioned this on here before, but Omi bought us a scrapbook. We have included, chronologically, our friendship freshman year, our letters and e-mails on Mark's mission, our summer before we started dating and then the rest of our courtship. We will aspire to fill the whole thing up until our wedding (and we're getting close!). We actually have a nice system down to scrapbook. I design the page, then I hand it over to Mark to glue down. He is much more precise with that than I am. And I am much more creative than he is. So really, it's the perfect system. Thanks Omi!!
Oh! And I forgot to mention...the Provo Masturbator has been caught!
3.31.2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
hopefully you guys find a place. maybe we'll be in the same ward...that would be madness.
Post a Comment